Most of us at some time have some split milk on out hands, and are not sure what to do with it.
One option is to make it into a sweet. The other option is to make paneer, which is what I’ll elaborate on today.
1 ltr split milk
- Boil the milk till the curd separates completely from the whey.
- drain the curd
- wrap it into a muslin cloth tightly and hang it to dry overnight. This will remove all excessive moisture.
- Keep the wrapped paneer in chilled water for 30 minutes to give it good texture
- Then unwrap the paneer and set it into the shape of a block and keep it pressed under a heavy weight for 3-4 hours.
- The paneer is then ready to be cut into cubes for cooking.