- Wash the rice and dal together and add as much water as needed for cooking
- Slipt the green chillies down the length and add to the rice
- Fry the pepper in 1/2 tsp oil. Once done, add to the rice
- Add a pinch of turmeric and salt to the rice, and set to cook.
- You can also add a tsp of jeera for taste
- While the rice and dal is cooking, roast the cashewnuts in ghee and set aside.
- Once the rice is cooked add the cashewnuts to the rice.
- Mix well and serve
Serve hot with coconut chutney.