This particular vegetable comes under the category of really easy to make! 🙂
- Scrape the goru chikkudukaya and break them into pieces, while removing as much of the ‘strings’ on the side as possible.
- In a wok, heat the beans, water to submerge the goru chikkudukayas pieces, salt and turmeric. You may also cook this in a pressure cooker.
- Place a lid on the wok, and cook till all water dries up.
- Gently check if the goru chikkudukaya pieces are done.
- Once all water has dried up, add chilli powder and cook on open flame for 5 minutes.
- Take off the gas, and prepare tadka.
- Once the tadka starts popping, add to the vegetable, and put the vegetable back to cook for a couple of minutes. This will help the vegetable to absorb the minimal oil from the tadka.
- Add the desiccated coconut and cook for 5 minutes or till the coconut dries and coats the goru chikkudukaya pieces.
Serve hot with rice or chapati.