The hunt for a quick and tasty dinner is always on. We are usually ok with the usual dosas, pesarattus and idli as dinner options everyday. Today, however, we wanted something different. The criterion was important: light, tasty, and not Dosa!!!
- 8 slices of Bread
- 1 1/2 cups of grated cheese
- 1tbsp butter
- 2 green chillies, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- capsicum (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Herbs (oregano spice mix) (optional)
- Apply butter lightly on one side of the bread slices
- Mix the grated cheese, green chillies, salt, pepper and onion
- Spread the mix lightly on the non-buttered side of the bread.
- Top with a light smattering of spice mix if desired.
- Heat a tava on the lowest possible flame, and put the slice with the buttered side facing down
- Cover the slice with a domed lid and cook till the buttered side is done AND the cheese on top has melted.
The only problem I faced here was that the onion really doesn’t get cooked in this short period. For people who don’t mind raw onion (such as your truly), this option is fine. But others can probably roast the onions a bit before putting it on the bread.