- In a vessel put in 1 1/2tsp oil and put in the tadka items
- Once the mustard starts to pop, and the urad dal turns brownish, add the water, salt and curry leaves and put on the lid.
- Once the water is boiled, slowly add the rice rava while constantly stirring.
- Once the entire rice rava has been added, put the lid again, and stir intermittently until the upma is done.
- The upma will start sticking to the bottom of the vessel, and also the rice rava will be visibly cooked when done.
You can serve this upma with kandi pachadi, any pickle or curds.