On a recent trip to Hyderabad, my sister-in-law made this snack. It was quite tasty, but the way to make it didn’t register in my mind. Today, I wanted to have something new. So a quick chat with SIL earlier today solved the problem.
So here’s the way to make this low-fat, low-oil, quick and tasty snack.
- 2 cups borugulu (puffed rice)
- 1/2 cup groundnuts
- 1/2 cup putanala pappu
- handful curry leaves
- salt, turmeric, and red chilli powder to taste
- 1/2 tsp oil
- Roast the groundnuts, putanala pappu and borugulu separately. Be careful with the putanala pappu, as it will burn easily.
- Once all is take off the flame. heat the oil
- Add the salt, turmeric and red chilli powder
- Add the curry leaves and fry till done
- Add the roasted putanala pappu, groundnuts and borugulu, and fry for a couple of minutes till the salt has coated the mixture.
Take off the flame and store. This is a light any-time snack. Enjoy!