This was an experiment we tried today at home. We’d made bread sandwiches for breakfast this morning using potato vegetable. But some of the vegetable got left over. We weren’t sure what to make of it. one option was to add tadka later in the evening to have with dosa. This evening tiffin was supposed to be aloo tikkis. So ma-in-law and I decided to make our own version using the leftover vegetable.
- Leftover aloo kura (https://teluguveggie.wordpress.com/2011/11/14/puri-aloo-kura/) without the lemon and tadka
- 1 cup maida (or as per amount of veg left). Approximately 1:1 ratio
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- additional boiled potatoes if needed
- Juice from 1 lemon
- Oil for frying
- Set a wok with the oil to heat. The oil should be enough for shallow frying, not deep-frying
- Mix all the ingredients while the oil is heating. That way it will stay dry, and become soggy.
- Make into smallish balls and pat into neat shapes
- Lower slowly into the hot oil, and shallow-fry till brown-ed on both sides
- Take out and set on a tissue to wipe off excess oil
Serve hot with a nice cup of chai/coffee. 🙂