This particular recipe is very easy, and is handy at times when you don’t really want to spend too much time in the kitchen! 😉
This recipe uses kura podi (https://teluguveggie.wordpress.com/2010/11/29/kura-podi/), and takes only abt 20 minutes to prepare.
- Chop the vankaya into 4 parts each. Keep the pieces as similar in size as possible, and keep in a dish of water till needed.
- Heat the oil in a wok, and when it starts to heat up, add the vankaya.
- Add the salt and turmeric and mix well.
- Put on a lid, and let it braise. Keep checking every 2 mins to ensure the vankaya is done.
- When the vankaya skin is soft to touch i.e. makes a light indent when pressed, add the kura podi.
- Mix well to ensure the podi covers all the pieces.
- Cover again, and let it cook for 2 mins. Turn off the gas when the podi and vankaya starts to stick to the wok.
Serve hot with rice and dal.