This is the first time i’m trying this particular snack. My mother-in-law assured me it was very easy… and of couse, my nephew kept asking on the phone if i’m making it! Talk of pressure!! 😉
- Mix all the ingredients to a thick paste.
- Set a muruku press to the plate with fine holes. Fill with with besan mixture.
- In a large wok, heat oil. Ensure you have enough oil for deep frying.
- Gently press and turn in a clockwise manner.
- Let it fry for a few moments and then turn over for frying on the other side. This part is a little tricky since the karappusa is very fine and brittle. But with gentle care, it becomes easy.
You get a quick and easy snack which you can have by itself, or add it to other snacks such as bhel or any chaat item.