Normally we make carrot kura at home. This is a simple and healthy vegetable, especially since we do not use too much oil in them.
- Scrape the carrots and chop into very fine pieces
- In a wok, heat the carrots, water to submerge the carrot pieces, salt and turmeric.
- Place a lid on the wok, and cook till all water dries up.
- Gently check if the carrot pieces are done. Be careful not the mash the pieces.
- Once all water has dried up, add chilli powder and cook on open flame for 5 minutes.
- Take off the gas, and prepare tadka.
- Once the tadka starts popping, add to the vegetable, and put the vegetable back to cook for a couple of minutes. This will help the vegetable to absorb the minimal oil from the tadka.
- Add the desiccated coconut and cook for 5 minutes or till the coconut dries and coats the carrot pieces.
Serve hot with rice or chapati.