For potato filling:
Make a regular dry potato vegetable, preferably without onion.
- Mix the gram flour in water thoroughly. Add water as required. The mixture should be of dripping consistency, and very smooth
- Add salt, cooking soda and chilli powder and mix thoroughly.
- Heat a wok of oil. Be sure not to over-heat the oil (over-heated oil gives off fumes)
- Take 2 bread slices and cut them diagonally.
- Evenly spread the potato vegetable between to triangles and press firmly to ensure they dont open up.
- Dip the sandwich into the gram flour batter and gently put it into the oil.
- Flip over and remove once done.
You can have this with chutney or sauce, over even just-like-that!! 🙂