A typical Andhra dish, it is made in most homes over weekends, when it can be enjoyed the most. 🙂
okra or bottle gourd
- Mix a bit of gram flour to the buttermilk till smooth
- Chop ginger, chillies, coconut and coriander seeds together and grind
- Can add either water or buttermilk to make the paster
- Add salt and turmeric to the buttermilk
- In a wok, heat some oil and add the tadka
- Once the mustard seeds pop, add to the buttermilk
- For added flavour, okra or bottle gourd can be added. Boil the preferred vegetable, cool it and then add to the buttermilk.
- Add the coconut mixture, curry leaves and coriander leaves to the buttermilk and set to cook on a low flame
- Be sure to all ingredients before setting it to cook.
Serve hot with rice.