- Soak the okra for 20 mins in a large pan, to ensure all dirt is removed. Drain and chop into moderately small round pieces.
- In a large wok, heat some oil and add the chopped okra
- Add salt, turmeric and sour curds and mix well. Be careful not to mash the pieces. The curd is meant to absorb the stickiness from the okra.
- set the lid on the wok and let it simmer.
- Keep checking in 10 min intervals to ensure the okra does not stick to the sides of the wok. Always be careful not to mash the pieces.
- Once all the water evaporates, add chilli podwer and mix well.
- Let it cook for another 5-10 minutes and set aside.
- In a small wok, heat 2 tsp oil and add the tadka.
- Add to the okra when the mustard seeds start popping and mix well.
Serrve hot with rice.