It is a rather quick dosa to make, not requiring too much of preparation time.
2 cups Moong dal
1 1/4 tsp salt
- Soak the moong dal for 1 hr (in case of split dal; 2-3 hrs in case of whole green dal)
- Drain the water, and was the soaked dal thoroughly
- Grind till the dal is a smooth batter. Use water sparingly while grinding. Add salt and mix well.
- Prepare the dosa as usual.
- The garnishing for the dosa is optional.
- Once the dosa is spread on the skillet, put some oil around it, and immediately use the garnishing on top. When you flip the dosa over, the garnishing will also get slightly cooked, and not give a raw taste.
- Also ensure that the dosa is slightly brown all around when you flip it. This indicates that the dosa is ready.
You can serve this dosa with coconut chutney.
Bon Appetit!!! 🙂