This is also a very easy (somewhat) sweet to prepare.
Chashew, almods, raisins, and any other dry fruit to taste
a pinch of pacha karpuram (edible camphor)
- Grate the carrots
- Add the milk and boil, stirring at regular intervals
- Keep boiling till the carrots are cooked and the milk evaporates
- Add the sugar, and keep stirring to prevent it from sticking to the vessel
- In a small wok, heat the clarified butter
- Once heated, add the dry fruits and lightly fry them.
- Once they are done, empty the ghee into the carrot halwa. This will add flavour as well as prevent it from sticking to the vessel.
- Keep cooking till the halwa becomes dry.
- Take off the flame and add the garnishing.
The sweet can be served hot or cold.